At TimTimTom, Ltd we respect our users and understand that you are concerned about your privacy. We value your privacy and want you to know how we treat the personal information you give to us or we collect from you.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
In order to provide you with certain products or services, we may ask for personal details. You do not generally have to provide any personal information to us unless you want to. However, if you choose not to provide certain types of personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you have requested, or you may not be able to use all of our website features and functionality.
Users are responsible for any personal data of third parties obtained, published or shared through TimTimTom’s website or social media pages (website, Facebook, etc.) and to ensure and confirm that they have the required third party’s written consent to use and provide this data to TimTimTom.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us – You may give us information about you by filling out forms on the website or by corresponding with us by email, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the website, place an order on our website or Facebook, provide us with details required for a particular product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website or social media pages. Also, when you enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website or social media pages. The information you give us may include your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, age, date of birth, gender, photograph, username, password and other registration information, as well as the book recipient’s name, date of birth, age, gender, appearance details, languages spoken and address. Each piece of information you give us may be used independently or in conjunction with other information you provide to us.
- Information we collect about you and your device – Each time you visit the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed, purchased or searched for; length of visits to certain pages, page response times, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), download errors, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Location Information – We may also collect information about your location, such as the IP Address of the device you access our Website from.
- Information we collect about you via advertising – From time to time, we may place ads on third party sites (such as Facebook). When you view or otherwise interact with our ads, we and our partners may use various technologies (such as cookies) to collect and store information about you including cookie data & anonymised IDs for attribution & advertising purposes. We use these technologies to help us understand more about our customers and the effectiveness of our adverts.
- Information we receive from other sources – We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we are active on or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We do not collect your payment information. This is collected and stored by third party payment gateways.
THE WAYS TIMTIMTOM USES PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that we collect via our website, social media pages or through correspondence with you will be used and disclosed for the purposes for which you supplied it. For example, the contact details that you provide to us may be used to identify and fulfil any orders you place, ensuring that any products purchased via our website are delivered to the given address.
We use your personal information in a variety of ways including:
- to fulfil your request for Products or Services
- to improve the information, products and services we offer to you
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so;
- to conduct competitions and promotions;
- to notify you about products and services you have requested;
- to advise you about changes to the Website and products and service we offer;
- to protect the security and/or integrity of our Website and our business.
- to remind you about our products or services on particular dates or topics you have provided us with.
- to provide you with other information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and “push” notification) and to contact you by post
COMMUNICATION FROM TIMTIMTOM
E-mails and messaging alerts that we send concern the following activity:
- to confirm your order and advise of shipping information
- to advise of matters directly related to your purchases, order and or shipping status or details (i.e. shipping delay, address confirmation).
- to remind you of product creations that you have abandoned or to remind you of unordered items in your online basket
- surveys to capture your feedback on orders you have placed with TimTimTom
- surveys to capture your feedback on contact with our customer service team
E-mails which provide you with information about offers, new products and other things that we think may interest you or TimTimTom customers generally. You can notify us of your preferences concerning our communication with you or unsubscribe from our newsletter here: email@example.com.
We may also use and disclose personal information for purposes related or ancillary to the main reasons we collect it, such as invoicing and reminder notices as well as invitations to events. If at any time you do not wish to receive these kinds of communications please contact us and let us know.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We work hard to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or modification. We store your personal information in different ways, including as hard copy documents and in electronic formats. Access to and use of your personal information is limited to those with a “need to know” in our organisation.
We also use technology and other security features and procedures in an effort to prevent unauthorised access and to protect the personal information we hold. Please be aware however that no data transmission over the internet can ever be entirely secure and may be prone to error. Any transmission is at your own risk. While we take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect your personal information, due to the nature of email and the internet, we cannot guarantee the security, privacy or confidentiality of the personal information that you transmit to us through our website, and therefore any transmission is at your own risk.
Your personal data may be transferred to a destination outside Hong Kong. If this is the case, we will try to take all reasonable precautions and try to exercise all due diligence that the personal data concerned is given equivalent protection to that provided by the Ordinance.
TECHNOLOGY USED TO COLLECT THE INFORMATION
In addition to collecting personal information directly from you, like most website providers, we also collect information about you automatically when you visit our website. This information is not normally personally identifiable.
When you use our website, we use software code and other methods to collect technical information about your device, including the type of device it is and the operating system it uses, your use of the Website, and the IP address or other device identifier of your device. We may engage third parties to collect this information.
The type of information we collect can include general information about your IP address, browser type, time and length of your visit, computer settings, your geographical location, your operating system, the links used to reach our website and the pages you visit. We analyse such information in the aggregate to identify browsing patterns which enables us to enhance our service offering and improve your website experience.
We, or third parties working on our behalf, may collect this personal information through the use of “cookies”, pixel tags or similar technologies. A cookie, for example, is a small text file that may be stored on the hard drive of your computer when you access the Website, allowing us to identify your computer the next time you visit our website. Cookies can enhance your shopping experience because they allow us to track information about shopping trends, usage patterns, our customers’ preferences. Furthermore, it allows us to improve our website functionality.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES
We may transfer or otherwise disclose personal information collected from and about you to the following entities:
- to our service providers and business associates, if the disclosure will enable them to fulfil your order or request for Products or Services
- to our service providers and business associates, if the disclosure will enable them to fulfil a business, professional or technical support function for us.
- To other companies, credit bureaus government or law enforcement agencies in connection with issues related to a judicial process, fraud, credit or debit collection.
- If our company or part thereof is acquired, your personal information might be transferred to the new company.
In exceptional situations, we may also use and disclose your personal information for other reasons permitted under the Ordinance including complying with a request from the police or a regulatory or government authority or in the unlikely event that our business assets are ever sold to, or purchased by, another company (as our data records form part of our business).
We will never sell your personal information to anyone. We may, however, share your personal information with third parties that are carrying out work or performing services, on our behalf, in connection with our products and services (for example, payment processors and relevant postal or courier service companies).
Any information that you voluntarily upload or submit for public posting to the website, social media pages or comments section becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Users are responsible for any personal data of third parties obtained, shared or published through this website and confirm that they have the third party’s consent in writing to use, share or publish this data or content.
INFORMATION SHARING WITH SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may share information, including personal information, with our service providers who perform services on our behalf; and in some instances, our service providers may collect information from you directly. Such services include, for example, hosting or maintaining the Applications, providing customer support, sending email, gift cards, or other communications, providing marketing assistance, payment processors and providing analytics services. We may conduct demographic or other research about the users of our website and social media pages to determine how users engage with our content, products and the public presence. We may disclose personal information to service providers helping us conduct this research.
CONTESTS AND PROMOTIONS
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
We are committed to protecting the privacy and rights of children online. We do not collect any personally identifiable information from users whom we know are under the age of 18, other than the information that you make available for the personalisation of the book. This information is only used to fulfil your order and shared with those within our organisation and third parties that are directly involved in processing your order.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
HOW TO ACCESS OR REVISE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have certain rights under the Ordinance to correct any personal information that we hold about you, to ask us to stop sending marketing materials to you and to request a copy of your personal information.
If you would like to access, correct or delete any personal information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will require proof of identity.
Except for mandatory communications, every communication we send you will contain a clearly worded “Opt-Out” or “Unsubscribe” link allowing you to withdraw your permission for future mailings and/or can be controlled from your device settings. Permission changes will be honoured as soon as possible after receipt. Please allow ten business days for processing. Permission changes will not affect any information that you provided to us and that we previously shared with our Business Partners.
SALE OF COMPANY
In the event that TimTimTom or its units or subsidiaries are ever sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganised, or otherwise transferred, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases together with any personally identifiable information contained in them, to a third-party acquiring TimTimTom’s assets.
Your data is kept only for the time necessary to provide the service or product you request, or to fulfil the purpose outlined in this policy.
— Date of last review: 27th March 2018 —